Thursday, May 14, 2009

Remember when you were a child and your parents started to instill a common sense of what are and what aren't smart activities to be participating in? For instance maybe you heard things like "keep your arm inside the window", "look before you leap", or "no sweetie, matches aren't for playing with". And over time you develop the ability to make informed decisions for yourself. Now, everybody goes through a maturing phase where naturally you will make some bad decisions, I know I did, but your get through it by the grace of god for the most part unscathed.



Well some people never develop that ability to make good choices, or, more likely, they chose to ignore it.



Here is an example that is sure to offend. Dale Earnhart Sr.

For those of you not familiar with the man, he died while driving his car at high speeds around a track filled with other cars doing the same.



Now, I am no scientist.



But, it would stand to reason that if you race a car around a track for long enough, you will likely get into and accident, maybe a bad one. But hey, that's just what my common sense tells me.



I watched a show on Spike TV the other day called Worlds Most Shocking Bull Attacks.



Now, I am no animal expert either.



But I would think that if confronted by an angry one thousand pound mammal, it wouldn't be a great idea to try and ride it, stick a sword in it, or taunt it in any way for fear that it might want to gore you. So taking a closer look at these attacks I wouldn't call them shocking, I would call them expected.



Tragedies is a word thrown around alot when talking about people injured after a career of bad choices.



People, it's not a tragedy. It's Natural Selection. Maybe Darwin was onto something after all.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're on to something old boy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete