Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Martyr for the cause.

Growing up in sunny Longford Mills, there was never much foot traffic on the roads. If you ever saw children walking around dooor to door and it wasn't October 31st you could almost guarantee that they were collecting money for some cause by selling chocolate bars or some other product that that you don't need but feel obligated to buy anyways.



A few days ago, upon seeing a child of about twelve walking up the driveway I scrambled around to make sure I had a few smaller bills to donate. She was actually collecting for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, well at least that is a worthy cause. I gave her a few dollars, felt good about myself for a short while, and sent her on her way.



Later in the day I headed and into town and passed the same girl, smoking a cigarette on the side of the road.



Truly, a Martyr for the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment